Saturday, December 12, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like...

the end of the semester....

I find it safe to say that I survived my first semester in a phd program. I may not be completely finished, but 4 days from now, I will be home for the holidays and ready to take 4 weeks off until the spring semester begins.

I have to admit that I have never lived anywhere that has received snow in the amounts that Albuquerque does...and it doesn't snow here that much. I had to drive to campus for 10 minutes in order to turn in a final paper, and I encountered this.

I never had to scrape ice off of a car before. I don't have an ice scraper. I had to call my mom for advice and she said that a kitchen spatula has multiple uses...she wasn't kidding!

I realized that snowflakes really are star shaped!


I was able to take a small break from my end-of-the-semester work to put up my christmas tree.




I hope the rest of this coming week goes by without a hitch.

Until then.

xoxo-K

1 comment:

Chickenbells said...

Congratulations! How fun to be going home and having fun and relaxing for that long before heading back!

Oh...cassette tape cases/CD cases work well to scrape snow, although your mother is a very wise woman...a spatula sounds just perfect!