Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Break from Stitching

I took a break from stitching.... well, not really a break, I stitched more squares and forgot to take pictures because I was so excited to be doing something creative and non-academic. I will have to post those photos later. I did want to share something magical, though.

I decided to visit my sister, while in Arizona. I realized that when you stop by the home of A Fanciful Twist, the visit won't be your regular coffee and biscuits.... there will be creating and fun.

I decided to bring my sidekick and partner in crime, Douglas, the Min Pin wonder dog, with me. Now, let me preface the rest of this story by saying that my dog is not the kind to wear clothes.... I have one winter jacket for him to survive the snowy winters in Albuquerque. He doesn't wear Halloween costumes, clothing, boots.... and most of the time, I feel sorry for some of the dogs who are forced to wear some of the things their humans put on them, but I couldn't resist turning some of the fabric and ribbon my sister had into a fun something for Douglas.

The initial intention was a ring leader costume, as my sister had miniature top hats that I just had to have. So, I made Doug a cape.

Doug seemed pretty excited and willing to go along with the whole thing. Once I put the cape on him, he would pose for the camera. I had never seen him like this before, so he got extra treats and kisses for playing along.

The top hat wasn't ready in time, but there was some felt available for use that became Douglas' wizard hat...

I was excited for the final project, and Douglas' good behavior. Now to get back to stitching....

3 comments:

vintagesusie & wings said...

Happy Memorial Day Friend! I adore your blog & I'm so glad I found you. I look forward to following you through life's adventures!
Smiles,
Susie

Chickenbells said...

Douglas is absolutely adorable and jaunty in his little outfit...and I'm sure that he was acting perfect because he KNOWS he's the ringleader and he needed to start dressing like one!

wende said...

I'm very late to the party, here, but DANG Douglas looks great in a cape!