Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Feeling like a white rabbit...

I am always in a rush to get to the next place, next step, next phase. Things got hectic with my last semester of PhD coursework. I am finally finished and never have to take a required graduate seminar ever again!

Reaching this next phase of my academic career is definitely bittersweet. I tend to feel a sense of loss when I reach a goal, but hopefully working on a dissertation will knock that feeling straight out of me...

Aside from completing coursework this spring, I also turned 30. Which got me thinking about the things I would like to accomplish while I am in my 30's.

Number one on the list is owning and operating a shop like this with Zapatista coffee and Mexican pan de dulce inspired cupcakes. Now if only I can figure out how to be a full time professor and own a pastry shop...

Cup & Cake, Barcelona from Peter Crosby on Vimeo.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

ohhh my goodness, this is a dream of mine too...that whole video was dreamy..:)

good luck on your goals..:)

a fanciful twist said...

Love that place! It will happen, all your dreams are coming true, step by step ;)

Love, Cornalita Sucrisata

or whatever my alter ego is named.

Love, sis

and no, I am not Miss donperignon or whatever her name was, haha!

vana said...

#2 do a blog post once a week at least, even if it kills you, so you can amuse your sister.

Love.

you know who.