In trying to finish projects that I have left either half completed or partially constructed, I have given myself yet more to do. Which is nice, because as things have slowed down significantly at school, I have been able to finish some embroidery projects. (I should have ironed this panel after I washed it, but I didn't. Please forgive the wrinkles!).
This was a fun embroidery sampler to work with. I like to use bright colors... I think it keeps me in a better mood when I am surrounded by bright colors.
I had the most fun stitching the roof. There were some stitches I had never tried out before, that I was surprised came somewhat naturally once I gave them a whirl.
As I was organizing my craft/fabric bin two weekends ago, I decided that a patchwork border around this panel would be great.... then I'll turn it into a pillow. I'll keep ya'll posted on that as it develops.
Speaking of pillows... I also finished embroidering a pillowcase. I stitched up a Buenos Dias (Good Morning) pillowcase quite a bit ago. I finally got around to finishing this one. The scroll-skull-flower accent along the top, had been alone on this pillowcase since last summer.
AND... in maintaining the pillow theme here... I am going to finish another set of pillowcases. On one of my many visits to Joann's, I stumbled upon this pack of pre-stamped pillowcases while stocking up on embroidery thread.
I don't know why I love this, but I do. The ruffles at the edge of the pillowcase make it extra velveeta cheesy, but I just adore it. I opted for red and pink colors as opposed to the purples the instructions suggest. Red is my favorite color, so I wanted to stick with something I enjoy.
Hopefully I can keep up this kick of finishing what I started. I still have two quilts to finish...
Until next time...