Monday, February 6, 2012

Mourir Auprès de Toi

I have the great fortune of working with a wonderful professor/scholar/librarian, Suzanne, who shared this video with me while working in the library today.

Olympia Le-Tan is know for her embroidered books-turned-clutches and Spike Jonze has made some great films. Their collaboration yielded this risqué short film. Considering how much I love working with felt, I can appreciate the work that went into the felt arrangement for the film.

****Notice: This is a film for adults, so if you have a child near or on you, this might be the time to send them to the next room.***

Spike Jonze: Mourir Auprès de Toi on Nowness.com.

3 comments:

cb said...

oh my god that was the greatest!! such a great little film! i love that it was all down in felt and the way her hair moved! it moved as if it had weight, oh and the song at the credits! such a great film, thank you so much for sharing this! will show tom when i get home!
xo,
cb

Jennifer said...

I loved it! I love that bookstore... first of all. But the story itself was really quite cute. Thanks for sharing it! I understand your affinity for felt, but now I think I have one myself for the stuff after seeing this. Must. Create. Felt. Characters. :)

a fanciful twist said...

Man, I can't see it. How weird... says I need some different software... oh well :)