Sunday, February 12, 2012

Tying up loose ends...

I mean that literally and figuratively. I have been trying to organize different areas of my house and clean out my closet, cupboards, and shelves in order to eliminate any clutter and such. What with my move to Tucson in the near future, I am trying to make sure I don't pack things that don't need to make the trip. My craft box was a disaster and after organizing it all, I found all these unfinished projects. So, I decided to begin finishing up the things that I started and I am only allowed to finish up the things I started before I can start a new project altogether.

I like to keep my embroidery items in cigar boxes, and then I leave them on the coffee table or around the living room. They look like decor to people who come over, but any free time I get to sit, I can pop the cigar box open and stitch whatever is around.

I bought this adorable embroidery sampler from Charlotte Lyons, because I wanted to practice my stitching and knotting techniques. I had left it half finished in my sewing/crafting bin. Now is the perfect time to finish it. (BTW, there are some other adorable items in her shop).

Aside from the stitchery work, I finished up my Valentine's treats for friends and family.


I even received some Valentine's in the mail from some very lovely friends.

My cousin, Marcela, whom I lovingly call Martz because she is like a mini-Martha Stewart, sent me this adorable sewing book with vintage buttons and heart pins on the pages.

Nick, my very good and wonderful friend sent me this handmade card. His penmanship is phenomenal!

Ok, back to stitching!

Until next time.

xo,
K

6 comments:

cb said...

you have so many fun projects and do i spy another strawberry pin cushion? i LOVE mine! thank you so much! i love the idea of putting your embroidery stuff in a cigar box! i desperately need to organize mine, it is kinda scary.....like really scary. all of it tossed in a bag...i hate looking for floss. i think a makeover is way way over due! thanks for the inspiration!
xo,
cb

ps. wearing my bow tie necklace and LOVE it so much! thank you again!

Bobbypin Bandit said...

Thank you so much for your kind words, CB!

It is a little strawberry pin cushion you see there! I have too many of them around the house.

I am so glad you are enjoying the bow tie necklace!

Nadia said...

Thank you so much for the lovely gifts. You are a most thoughtful friend! I miss seeing you and can't wait until you are back!

V said...

KSV,

Listen--- I love your unfinished projects!! Especially that first one - oh my good golly!!!!

I wanit.

Okay so, happy v-day.

I will open your parclette manana.

Loooove, Sis

Jennifer said...

Your stitching is brilliant. I love the house, and little hearts :) It's something I certainly CAN NOT do so I really admire you for it. I reckon you'd stabbed yourself quite a many times in the beginning though right? Haha make me feel better for the amount of pin pricks I have suffered at the hands of my sewing attempts.

Chelsy said...

His penmanship is phenomenal! I found your blog through your sisters. Thanks for sharing some Valentine's Day Spirit! Makes me wanna craft :-)