Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Take a Break

Sometimes it's necessary to slow down. One of the perks that comes with working in academia is the time off that I get to enjoy. I am on spring break! I remember when spring break involved a trip with friends to a sunny sandy location with loud music and too many jello shots, but now, all I really want is to spend some time here...

I must confess that I have problems allowing myself to relax. I always get an anxious feeling in my stomach that makes me feel like I need to be working or generating results in some sort of tangible form. Now that I am on Spring Break, I am going to slow down and just enjoy some me time.

I simply adore the pillowcases that I finished embroidering. I keep glancing at them as I sip my coffee and ponder some new stitching projects.




I may not be able to stop and smell the roses, but I am definitely stopping to enjoy this moment and the flowers on these pillowcases.

Until next time!

xo,
K

3 comments:

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

I get the same anxious feeling!!!! And, I also have that blue bird sugar/jam bowl. Where did you get it? Your room looks so pretty and cozy! Oh, and your pilow case, AMAZING!!! I wanit!

cb said...

i have a hard time relaxing too, i always want to be doing something. i need a break but i just don't have the time right now...booo!! i hope you having a great time off and getting lots of sleep on your super cute pillows!
xo,
cb

Jennifer said...

I'm at that age where Spring break IS meant to be jello shots and beaches. And I found myself right where you are now. Relaxing. Getting away from the huff and puff. Oh goodness can I ever related to that feeling of needing to get something done. I think that's why I rearrange stuff so much... I love your bed! It so ornate looking. And your stitching is so incredible!!! I just love that rose lady ;)