Monday, April 23, 2012

Summer Stitches

There have been so many flowers blooming and trees giving off very fragrant smells of spring and summer. Personally, I love all this sunshine. I let all the bright colors of the flowers and trees around the neighborhood influence the color palette of my latest stitching adventure.
I ordered this sampler from Charlotte Lyons and have been having fun adding my own stitches to it over the weekend.




Hope you have a good Monday!

Until next time!

xo,
K



6 comments:

cb said...

so cute! i love how bright it is and all the different techniques! my friend a while ago bought me a book with iron on graphics and all the techniques, such a great book. if you ever would like it can send it to you and you can copy from it! let me know! well i guess maybe when we get settled :)
xo,
cb

Tiff said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!! Do you have any suggestions on a great "how to" for beginners. I am fascinated with embroidery, but have never attempted it. I am also very tactile as well as my oldest daughter and would love for us to learn this craft together.

Lucy @ Charm About You said...

That is gorgeous! Love those bright colours :)

Jennifer said...

This is so cute. I love the lavender flowers. This is such a nice little cottage style embroidery :) Just my style. You NEED to start an Etsy shop one of these days, mostly because I would never be able to embroider like this myself, and your things are BEAUTIFUL.

Bobbypin Bandit said...

Thanks so much, Jenn! I wish I could sell this piece of work, but I bought the sampler from someone else.

I have been trying to come up with my own embroidery patterns... I'll keep you posted on how that goes.

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

It is amazing!!! I want it :)