Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tutorial Tuesdays

Hi everyone! I am really excited to be joining the Feeling Stitchy crew to bring you Tutorial Tuesdays!

Today, you can find my first tutorial available for you to try out, if you wish. I'll be bringing tutorials and tutorial round-ups to the Feeling Stitchy site. Which I am very excited about and looking forward to, oh so much!

This week's tutorial is a coffee press cozy made from a piece of fabric I embroidered and then never knew what to do with.
If you are anything like me, you try out different embroidery stitches and embroider different samplers or patterns and then wonder what to turn them into. I personally love pillows, but I know I can turn my embroidery into other things. My goal is to share fun and creative ideas for what to do with embroidered pieces once we finish them.

I hope you all enjoy!

Please head over to Feeling Stitchy to check out the tutorial for this week!

Until next time!

xo,
K

5 comments:

a sleepy owl said...

Hi,
I would love to get a copy of this pattern - can you point me in the right direction? I LOVE the coffee cosy. Thank you so much!

Bobbypin Bandit said...

I am glad you like this. I got the pattern from a Sublime Stitching Book that has various patterns in it. It can be found here, and I am sure you could find a copy on Amazon, as well: http://www.sublimestitching.com/collections/books/products/copy-of-embroidered-effects-by-jenny-hart

Happy Stitching!

cb said...

that is super awesome!!!! oh i am so happy for you. you are totally perfect this. going to check it out and will be adding it to my list of blogs so i can regularly be inspired!
xo,
cb

senorita-amandita said...

KSV! I miss you and I am back!

Jennifer said...

Oh yay! Awesome work on Feeling Stitchy! I don't sew or embroider or anything like that... will have to really try it one of these days. Your work inspires me to, because it's sooo lovely! But I doubt I'd be very good in the beginning, and I'm one of those people unfortunately who if I am not a pro right away I quit. Bad characteristic haha.