Tuesday, May 8, 2012

MS Stitches

I wanted to find a unique and fun Mother's Day gift for the mom's in my life: my mom, grandmother, and Aunt/Godmother. I strolled around the fabric store and stumbled upon these Martha Stewart embroidery kits.
I thought these would be perfect little gifts for each of the mom's I know. I got two tea towel kits and one apron kit. I found them at the Joanns in Albuquerque at a discounted price of $9.99 a piece, which I thought was a steal. Each kit comes with pre-stamped towels or apron, floss in different colors, a needle, and very detailed instructions. 

I got to stitching and finished one set of tea towels pretty quickly. The apron took me a little longer, because it has a larger pattern. I still need to finish the set of tea towels with the cupcake on them

Once I finish the last set of towels, I will wash and press them, and wrap them up in some pretty ribbon. The biggest problem I am having, is figuring out which one of these to give to my mom, grandmother and godmother. 

Until next time!

xo,
K





3 comments:

cb said...

so cute!! i the colors you choose and you did such a fantastic job! they are going to love them!
xo,
cb

Lucy @ Charm About You said...

gorgeous!

Jennifer said...

Oh I love these!!! Hand-made gifts are the best. I made an art piece for my mom this year too. I can't believe the insanity of Martha Stewart's craft empire. I was in Michael's the other day perusing the paints, and Martha Stewart has an entire acrylic range, complete with pearl finishes, and glitters, and different glazes. I wanted to buy it all!