Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Before and After

In trying to continue my process of moving into my house in Tucson, I have had to go on the hunt for furniture. I had been looking for the right kind of china cabinet and found one at a consignment shop in Tubac, AZ. The man who sold it to me had a rather funny story about how part of it was chingered (for those of you who don't speak Spanish, to say something is chingado or chingada is the equivalent of using the F-word in English). His use of the term is a bit of Spanglish which made me laugh, and when he offered it to me for $150, I couldn't say no.

Here is the before.


Everyday for the last week and a half, I have been sanding, painting, and sanding some more for as long as the Tucson heat allowed me to. Which wasn't too long. I finally finished it and got it into the house yesterday.

Here is the after.


I got some new knobs and used some Martha Stewart paint. I sanded it a bit to make it looked distressed. The best part about it, is that it has a light inside.

I was so excited to have a place to store all my glasses and tea sets.
Now that this is finished, I can get back to stitching projects that I've put on hold.

Until next time.

xo,
K

4 comments:

Sandy Shirley said...

Great job! It looks wonderful!

Jennifer said...

This is so beautiful! You did an incredible job. I just love the way it looks distressed. And with all of your tea things inside, amazing! I love glass cabinets, I have my own little one (or should i say massive one) in my study. Love it so much!

Adam said...

Looks really cool with the light on

NTCtag by Ning Tagle Clark said...

Wow! Your china cabinet is so lovely. Love the distressed look and all your lovely wine glasses!