Friday, June 8, 2012

What happens...

...when left to my own devices. 

I go crazy in the garden department and get home with a car full of plants, pots, and soil.
The garden at my house was pretty empty and in need of some color. I decided on hibiscus, lavender, and bougainvillea to start. I have so many ideas of other plants I want to integrate into my new little garden.

It's no secret that I am highly envious of my sister's gardens. She has amazing flowers and a separate vegetable garden. I may not be able to achieve the level that her veggie garden is at, but I can try to have some gorgeous flowers like hers.
I am seriously loving all this new color in the garden. I didn't have a private yard while living in Albuquerque, and now I do. It's going to be a new and fun adventure getting this garden to grow.

Until next time.

xo,
K

5 comments:

cb said...

haha i do the same too! it is just so exciting to think about flowers and gardening! you can totally have your sisters garden, just work on it little by little. take lots of pictures, i want to see the result!
xo,
cb

Bohemian said...

I have no idea why I showed up Anonymously? So I'm adding this one... LOL

Dawn... The Bohemian

Bohemian said...

Well... now the other one just went away... very strange... I just wanted to tell you that I too am prone to excess in the Garden, Home and elsewhere when left to my own devices! I Love your choices for the Garden, it will be a great place to hang out in and commune with Nature.

Dawn... The Bohemian

Jennifer said...

Lovely lovely flowers! My mother always kills ours, I don't know how! Every year it's the same flipping situation. Are you happy to be home? Especially now with all of this colour to fill your private garden space :)

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

Oh, I will share my garden with you anytime, you know that. Also, your space is perfect for an enchanted courtyard garden. (I have some plants for you too)

Just water - and find plants that will stay alive easily on their own.

I will talk to you about it later. Oh and, don't overwater the Lavender or else, a quick demise. It happens to me everytime.

You chose such beautiful colors!!!

Love, Sisterrrr