Saturday, August 18, 2012

Mexican Embroidery

I can't say for sure how long it's been since I started embroidering, but one thing is for certain... Mexican embroidered blouses were why I decided to take up stitching in the first place. 







This red on red embroidery is my favorite. 


I took these photos at Picante, a lovely shop owned by my friend, Hazel. She has such an amazing collection of embroidered blouses, dresses, and Mexican silver earrings. I have a very small collection of Mexican silver that I acquired while working there while in Grad school, but there are always more pieces I lust after when I stop in for a visit. Her store is colorful and vibrant. Every time I'm there, I want to transform my house to reflect the colors in the shop. I definitely need more wall space for that.

Hope you enjoy these colors and stitches!

Until next time.

xo,
K

7 comments:

cb said...

I LOVE mexican embroidery so so much! I want more in my life. That is one reason i started too and one reason why i love tattoos so much too. I really want to get some that look like that!
Xo,cb

giddy99 said...

ME, TOO! I love the colors and the flowers and birds in Mexican embroidery (and Mexican folk art, too).

Gerushia's New World said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I am enamored with this colorful stitching.

I grew up in a predominately Hispanic area and all my Elementary school friends were Mexican. I was so so so ultra jealous of their embroidered blouses and skirts.

Lovely and colorful post.

xoxo
Kim
Gerushia's New World

stenth patric said...

Wow Its all is too beautiful and amazing. Its embroidery work is such good, unique and fantastic. I like this colour and design so much.

Embroidery

Anne said...

Oh, my goodness! SO beautiful!
Best,
Anne

Bohemian said...

Gorgeous! I too Love the Mexican and South American Embroidery... always so Cheerful and Colorful... definitely a Wardrobe to make every day feel like a Fiesta!

Dawn... The Bohemian

Renee said...

Love the blouses.