Monday, August 6, 2012

Road Trip.2

I am still thinking about my road trip to northern Arizona, and still have so many images I would like to share. It started raining while we were at the Grand Canyon, and the thunder would echo through the canyon... it was a sound I can't even explain. I am still captivated by this amazing place. I took pictures as the clouds rolled in, then we had to make a mad dash for the car, because the rain really started to come down.












The day after our trip to the Grand Canyon, we had planned to go further north to Page, Arizona and visit Antelope Canyon. The rain made everyone a little too nervous, though, as it causes floods in the canyon, and no one wanted to get stuck inside Antelope Canyon if that happened. Instead, we drove to Sedona and took the extreme scenic route through Oak Creek Canyon.








As we made our descent into Oak Creek Canyon, we found a place to stop and walk called West Fork. It's a lovely trail with some ruins that were constructed in the 1870's. Everything was so lush and green.











































I wouldn't mind living in a little cabin in this place. It's so beautiful. I can't wait to return and spend more time there.

Until next time.

xo,
K

6 comments:

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

AWESOME!! All the pics are to die for.

Those first canyon ones with the shadows of the clouds hovering are magazine quality.

Love, sis

Laura said...

so beautiful!!! i love the pics and your descriptions!
blessings
~*~

Lucy @ Charm About You said...

Amazing pictures! I think the cabin idea is a winner :)

Gerushia's New World said...

Oh my goodness. What a magnificent journey. I've never been through that area, only Southern Arizona and Flagstaff.

Your photos are over the moon dreamy.

I'm gonna set up a cabin right next to yours and we can wear long skirts and bake together and play in the creek.

xoxo
Kim
Gerushia's New World

cb said...

yea, i wouldn't mind having a little cabin too! these pictures are all soooo beautiful, i feel like i am right there with you. wish i really was though! my kinda place for sure!
xo,
cb

Je Suis Juste Moi said...

Gorgeous pictures! Now I want to go. :) Definitely won't have time to go to the Grand Canyon this semester but I think a getaway to Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon might be doable. I owe you an email by the way, it's been too long since we last caught up.