Thursday, August 2, 2012

Swan Queen

My mother had a special request for her birthday this year... she wanted a swan. I bought this pattern off of etsy in order to make my sister's Christmas gift, and thought that if I enlarged it, I could make a large swan.

I was very happy with the way the enlarged pattern turned out and even happier with the finished swan.


I used the regular swan pattern to make three swans to represent my brother, sister, and me. 


My mom was very happy that I made these for her. She is usually a very difficult person to find gifts for, sort of like, what-do-you-get-for-the-person-who-has-everything type of situation, but she didn't have a handmade swan, or swans in this case. 

They have a new home on the mantel of my parents' fireplace. I think they will be very happy there. 

Until next time!

xo,
K

6 comments:

Tiff said...

These are so sweet. What material did you use?

The crown is an absolutely PERFECT accessory! Tres chic. ;)

Tiff said...

Pfff! Nevermind...I asked w/o looking at the pattern description.

cb said...

sooo cute!!! you did such an awesome job. your are the sweetest daughter!
xo,
cb

Chelsy said...

Oh my gosh, so sweet! I love love love them!

Laura said...

Oh my goodness, how adorable! I'm so impressed! i'm sure your mum will love them!
blessings
~*~

Lucy @ Charm About You said...

That is so cute!! I love that you made you and your siblings too. The crown is a neat touch :)