Saturday, August 25, 2012

Vintage Stitches.2

Once again, I have acquired some vintage stitches courtesy of my mother. The previous vintage stitches I acquired can be seen here. My grandmother, on my father's side, stitched these flour-sack towels and gave them to my mom in 1970-something. Now, the flour-sack towels belong to me and I get to share them with you.


This darling little alien looking creature is the main character on each towel and there is a towel for each day of the week.











This busy little alien just reminded me that I need to get busy on some unfinished works and projects so I can share them with you here.

Until next time!

xo,
K




6 comments:

NTCtag by Ning Tagle Clark said...

Wow! She is so cute! So colourful and so much fun to look at that creature. She is certainly very busy and diligent cutie! : )

Stitching and embroidery is obviously in your blood as your grandma pass it on to you the genes!

Ning : )

Bohemian said...

Oh what a Great Legacy your Mom and Nana have handed down to you! And thanks for stopping by with encouraging words... yeah, a Vacation sounds excellent, Bora Bora would be perfect... well, if I'm gonna Dream I always say Dream Big! *Winks*

Blessings... Dawn... The Bohemian

big B said...

I love these! What a wonderful heirloom to have from your Grandmother. The stitching is beautiful and I love the edging she did on the hem.
-Kim

Auntie Bliss said...

You'd better hide them fast before Vanessa sees them!!! You know that girl!

8)(8 said...

What a treasure! So charming!

Unknown said...

I just inherited these too! I was searching endlessly for what it might be, considering it to be an alien myself and how strange it seemed for the time. I'm delighted to stumble upon your post, so I can say now that they DO exist! Glad you agree (my mom thought they were pigs. ..) >: }