Saturday, September 15, 2012

Halloween Preparation.2

It is safe to say that Halloween prep is in full swing at my house. I had to take a short break from stitching and sewing because I was feeling a little under the weather, but as of yesterday, I was back on my feet putting together Halloween themed items.



I have been making felt wreaths like this for many years. I couldn't help putting one together for Halloween this year. It took me about 2 hours to make and 20 sheets each of orange and black felt. If you would like to make one of your own, please check out the tutorial I put together here

Aside from the wreath, I wanted to piece together a fabric border for my witch embroidery. I have accumulated a collection of Halloween fabric, so I added various prints to accent the embroidery. 



The fabric has glitter embedded into it. Who doesn't love glitter? I know I adore it.


Now I need to decide if I should turn this into a pillow or quilt it as a wall hanging. I think it might be cool as a tote bag, too... hmm... so many choices...

Are you up to any Halloween preparation? I would love to know what you're up to!

Until next time.

xo,
K









7 comments:

cb said...

I love your wreath. It looks so full and happy and your witch embriodery is amazing. Her tights are so cute. I dig either option a pillow is awlays useful but a wall hanging is just as cute. Either way it will be adorable cause you made it! Hope you are feeling better!
Xo,cb

Bohemian said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better... I think it must be the change in Seasons since I haven't been feeling 100% lately either. Your Creations are Adorable and Halloween and Showroom Prep is in Full Swing at mi casa as well! I LOVE this time of year! Thanks for stopping by for a Blog Visit.

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

t said...

Cool wreath! I would never think of a wreath for an occasion other than Christmas holidays!

http://initialed.blogspot.com

big B said...

Glad you are feeling better! I love the halloween wreath - I checked out the excellent tutorial on the valentine wreath - thank you!
-Kim

Auntie Bliss said...

Nice!!
I got a load of really good Halloween collectibles at a sale this summer.
I don't ever decorate but think I will this time :)

Laura said...

Your witch is gorgeous! I love her! It would be so cool as a tote, but I would be afraid of getting it messed up (but I'm hell on totes, so...)

Sorry you've been feeling poorly and glad you are back to being well.

love & blessings
~*~

GYPSY SISTA said...

So pretty!!!!! Fun wreath .....made me smile!

Blessings Gypsy Sista