Sunday, September 30, 2012

Stitched Cherries

I attended the Quilt, Craft, and Sewing Festival while it was in town yesterday. It was such an inspiration to see so many amazing quilts and crafts. I wasn't allowed to take pictures, but the images of fantastic and whimsical quilt pieces and techniques is embedded in my mind. I couldn't make a decision on which quilt pattern to buy, but I did purchase some awesome wool felt project kits from the Lumenaris booth. 

 I started working on the Cherry Candle Mat. The kit came with pre-cut wool felt, floss, and a needle. I don't intend to use this for candles at all, but I just fell in love with the look of the scalloped edge with blanket stitches.



I started stitching in the evening, and for some reason just couldn't stop. I stitched for a few hours until I got pretty close to finishing the mat.





I woke up early this morning and felt like a kid on Christmas morning. I ran to my office/workspace and finished the mat. Before I closed up the front and back layers of the mat, I decided to add my initials.



Now I have this adorable cherry mat. I want to use it for perfume bottles on my dresser. 





The other kit I purchased comes with felt and silhouettes in order to create cameos. I fully intend on turning those into brooches for my Fall cardigans.

Until next time.

xo,
K


8 comments:

cb said...

so cute! i love applique! yours turned out so cute. glad you went to the craft show and had fun and were inspired. that is always the best when you leave somewhere feeling inspired. that means it was a good show!
xo,
cb

Gerushia's New World said...

Hello Bobbypin!

I've been away from the blogging world for awhile, so I popped over to get caught up on your recent posts.

So much lovely stitching going on in your world.

I'm getting ready for Halloween too.

xoxo
Kim
Gerushia's New World

Lucy @ Charm About You said...

Oh my gosh! That is so gorgeous! I want one :)

Auntie Bliss said...

Gorgeous!!!! WANT!!!

big B said...

Kristen - So cute!!! I love this - especially the blanket stitch in that beautiful green :)
I hope you post a picture of what you make with the cameo kit too.
-Kim

Jill said...

I love the cameos....went on the site and ordered a kit. Glad you shared!

You are a v~e~r~y speedy stitcher!

Jill James

p.s. your basil & zinnia centerpieces ~ I feel like I know them from your sister's blog!

Bobbypin Bandit said...

I am so glad you enjoyed the felt kits. I love the way the cameos came out and will share soon.

I tend to zone out and will stitch for hours if there is nothing else that needs to get done.

I fell fortunate that my sister gave me so many gorgeous zinnias and those bunches of basil. I think I am going to survive on pesto for the next few weeks! haha!

Liz said...

Your cherrymat is gorgeous! Love it! Liz