Monday, January 28, 2013

An Amazing Gift

I received an amazing gift in the mail a few days ago, and it's so fantastic, that I had to share it with you all here. The darling (and very artistic) Kim of Gerushia's New World sent me a quilt top that her mother had started, but did not finish. I get to finish it and keep it in my home now. I am speechless at this gift because it is so wonderful. I feel ultimately lucky and honored that Kim trusts me with one of her mother's pieces. Thank you so much, Kim. I will treasure this amazing gift for the rest of my days.


The size of this quilt is perfect for my bed. I can't wait to finish it and snuggle underneath it. 


I love all the fabric that Kim's mom used. The colors, the shapes. I just love it all.




My canine sidekick, Douglas, even loved it, because I couldn't get him off of it. 



I keep looking at how carefully cut and pieced together this quilt is. I hope I can do it, and Kim's mom, justice by finishing it. 


I am so excited to get started on this project. It's the best... ever! Thanks again, Kim!

Until next time!

xo,
K

6 comments:

Kim said...

Kristen - What a wonderful gift! The quilt top is beautiful. This will be a really fun project to finish. I love the pictures of Douglas!! He is so sweet :)

Gerushia's New World said...

Kristen!!

Oh my goodness. I just now saw this post!

I am so humbled that you are finishing this quilt. My mom would be honored to know that a new generation is going onward with this talent. That you are willing to invest the time to finish this piece of history before she was able to.

She is smiling down right now. "Tickled" to know that you will be kept warm under her old stitches.

Thank you, Kristen. There are no proper words to express my gratitude.

xoxo
Kim
Gerushia's New World

P.S. See the red block with the white polk-a-dots in the second close-up? That's the material that my mom used to make a cool shirt for me to wear to a Roxy Music concert! :-)

8)(8 said...

That is beautiful!

Jennifer said...

Wow! That is a beautiful gift. My Mere (grandmother) made my mom a quilt when my my parents were first engaged. Quilts are the sweetest of things, hand sewn and stitched with love to keep you warm :)

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

That is so super unreal!!!

Auntie Bliss said...

You scored big time!!!