Thursday, January 3, 2013

Better Late Than Never

Happy New Year! Hope you all had a very merry & bright holiday season! 

Tumacácori National Historical Park. Tumacácori, Arizona
I can't believe the holidays came and went! I was sitting in front of my sewing machine the majority of the time, as I handmade the majority of the Christmas gifts I gave this season. I felt so exhausted, but was happy to spend time with family and friends throughout the holidays. I was excited to ring in the new year and look forward to getting back to work this year. 

2013 is already looking busy for me, as I have a dissertation to finish, but I am looking forward to rolling up my sleeves and getting back into the swing of things. I have lots of embroidery stitches to try, new sewing projects at hand, and a few ideas that I am hoping to tackle.

Do you have big plans for the new year?

Until next time!

xo,
K

6 comments:

Gerushia's New World said...

Sounds like you had a fun and busy holiday season!

I'm ironing out your quilt top this weekend. I'll mark the 2 areas that need a bit of mending, and pop it in the mail early next week!

xoxo
Kim

Bohemian said...

Oh yes, Big Plans for 2013! A Fresh New Year with loads of Possibilities. It's Awesome that your Christmas Gifts were Thoughtful Handmade Items, those are always the best.

Happy New Year... Dawn... The Bohemian

Auntie Bliss said...

Can't wait to see your upcoming projectos, Kristen. You know you can work on my espanol anytime you want.
Vanessa does. About once every thousand years...she tienes una cabesa firma...yes YOU V, I know you are lookin!
Sorry. Where were we? Oh, yeah, are you making a quilt for Valentine's day?

Jennifer said...

Happy New Year! Can't wait to see the lovely things you get up to in 2013!

cb said...

Happy new year!!! Yay!! It was a crazy end to the year for sure! Lots going and so much to do, will you share any of the presents you made? Cheers to an awesome 2013!!!! Xo, cb

Kim said...

Happy New Year Kristen :)
I am looking forward to seeing your 2013 projects too!