Thursday, February 21, 2013

WIP's & Stitches

Do you ever feel like your to-do list is a little too long? I am at that stage right now. I feel like I gave myself a little too much to do, but I love stitching, so I am not bummed and definitely don't want to complain. I have quite a few embroidery projects to finish, but I love stitching so much, it almost doesn't feel like work. 


I find embroidery patterns and sewing projects that I want to try, so I add them to the pile of things to do. The pile is starting to get a little high, so I need to do more stitching and less looking. Good thing most of these projects are birthday gifts for friends and loved ones.


I have been thinking about St. Patrick's Day, a lot, as well. I am not sure why. It's not a day that I typically get into. Maybe it's because I have found some great patterns over at Split Stitch. I stitched her pattern for a little hat and it was finished super quickly. She has some darling patterns in her shop.


I am not sure why I love embroidery so much. It's something that just makes me happy. I like to try to stitch everyday, even if it's just a little before bed time.


My sewing room doubles as an office, and a guest room (guess you could say it triples), and my little Douglas likes to sit on the day bed in my sewing room while I work or embroider/sew/craft. 


Since we had an odd icy cold day yesterday and some lingering snow today, we stayed indoors and got lots of work done. Well, I got work done, Douglas just supervised, like he always does. I am not sure what this squinty-eyed face means, but it made me giggle, so I had to photograph him. I still have lots more work to do and things to make.

Hopefully I will have more complete work to share next time.

Until then!

xo,
K

1 comment:

Kim said...

Hi Kristen - That is a nice satisfying stack of wips!! I like to stitch everyday too, I find it really relaxing even if I just make a little progress. Your finished work looks beautiful. Douglas is so sweet, what a nice friend to have while stitching!