Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Embroidered Easter Baskets

I found some free Easter-themed embroidery patterns around the internet a bit ago and was able to stitch the majority of them up. Once I finished, I had no idea where to put them or what to do with them. 



I have this problem where I find embroidery patterns online, and I hold on to them for a while, and sometimes it either takes forever for me to try them, or I never try them out at all. Does that ever happen to you? 



These patterns are available here and here


This pattern is courtesy of Follow the White Bunny

I am having problems finding where I got this pattern from. This is another issue that comes up when I hold on to things for too long... I can't remember or it's a challenge to find the source. If you know where this image is from, or you are the artist, please let me know!



When I made the time to work on these, I felt very satisfied to finally try out some patterns I had been holding onto for a while. I realized I could make little fabric easter baskets like the one I made over at Feeling Stitchy, and I was totally excited! Nothing makes me smile more than infusing embroidery into usable and functional items. I shrunk the size down about 3-inches, and made four mini baskets with the embroidered pieces on the front.


Now I just need to fill them with treats for the fam and surprise them with some handmade Easter baskets. 

Until next time!

xo,
K

5 comments:

Liz said...

Very cute baskets!! Love'em!

Liz

Gerushia's New World said...

Bobbypin!

I love all your Easter pretties. I'm a sucker for anything with a rabbit, so I really love your rabbit piece. The baskets are so cute too!

Your stitches are so clean and precise. I really enjoy looking at the close-up photos of your work.

xoxo
Kim
Gerushia's New World

Nicole Follow the White Bunny said...

What a surprise to find such a lovely colourful version of my Bunny pattern! Hope it's ok that I share this on my FB page!!! :)

Lisa said...

These Easter baskets are adorable! I love the knotted handle, but I really love the embroideries you did for them, they're so pretty & colorful!

Laura Tieri said...

Your baskets are so cute!
I sometimes call my craft room 'the room of good intentions'. I get things for a project & just never seem to get around to it. I sometimes buy the items I need for a project I've seen for sale at my craft store. By the time I get to it, I'm wondering what I was supposed to do with all those items. I have to learn to take pictures of the finished product I want to make!