Thursday, March 14, 2013

Happy Pi Day!

Today is March 14th (3/14), which means, it's Pi day!


I am not a big math person, and I am not ashamed to admit that on my own personal hierarchy of subjects, math is the lowest on the list, BUT I never turn away from celebrating something and I do use math everyday. So, let's celebrate this mathematical constant. 


Pi is the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter and is represented by the 16th letter of the Greek alphabet ("π") and is often written simply as "pi"(USA Today). Pi is an irrational number, meaning it can never be written as the ratio of two integers. The most commonly known fractional equivalent of pi, 22/7, is only accurate to two decimal places of the actual pi value. Since pi is irrational, it has an infinite number of digits in its decimal state, and will never end in a repeating pattern of numbers... 3.1415926 (Wired).

I think today calls for a slice of pie... maybe pizza pie. 


Will you be celebrating pi day? 

Until next time!

xo,
K

3 comments:

8)(8 said...

So cute! Happy Pi Day!

Lucy @ Charm About You said...

Awesome!! I hate maths but love Pi :)

Kim said...

This is SO cute! I hope you had a nice Pi day. Your filling stitch looks wonderful :)