Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Embroidery on Paper

After working on the embroidered mother's day card (included it in the previous post) using the pattern from Minitature Rhino, I have been totally smitten with embroidery on paper. So much so, that I have been on the hunt for more inspiration and I just had to share what I found.

I happened upon artist's, Lauren DiCioccio's work, and it's completely fascinating to me. She stitches the images from newspapers onto muslin, but it's possible to see the newspaper print behind the fabric. 

Source
Source
Source
I kept hunting for more embroidery on paper and found One Sheepish Girl's amazing embroidered notebook pages. She journals in embroidery! It's absolutely fantastic and you have to check out her work, if you haven't already.

Source

Source
After seeing all these fantastic pieces on paper, all I have managed is my initials on the cover of a small moleskine notebook. I like to use these little notebooks to track my to-do lists and jot down ideas that come to me during the day. This is not nearly as fantastic as what I have found stitched on paper, but I have to start somewhere, right?




Until next time!

xo,
K

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness, her blog is beautiful, I love her notebook embroideries, thank you for sharing. I love the cover of yours, too!

Jennifer said...

That must be incredibly difficult to do on paper! I imagine there would be a lot of tearing?! Love your new monogrammed notebook! Great job on that.

Jennifer said...

Love your initials monogrammed onto the notebook! Stitching on paper would be awfully hard due to the risk of tearing though!

Jennifer said...

Oops I look like a nut I thought my comments weren't going through so I left two saying the same information. HAHA!