Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mother's Day Gifts and an Embroidered Card

I can't believe how quickly things are moving these days. I kept thinking I had enough time before Mother's Day to make gifts. The realization that Mother's Day was only a day or two away came at some point on Thursday night... and I had to hop to it and make some gifts for my Mom, Aunt/Godmother, and Grandmother.


I opted to make some small clutches from the Bags: The Modern Classics book by Sue Kim. I really love the patterns from this book, and of the three patterns I have tried, each has come together pretty quickly and wonderfully. 



This pattern is called the Glenda Clutch, and honestly, I need to sew one up for myself. This is just too cute of a pattern to pass up and it took me less than an hour to finish. I found a remnant of the mustard floral fabric at the local discount fabric store. I wish I could find more! It's a very lovely fabric. I haven't decided if I want to add buttons like the pattern suggests. I guess I have 24 hours to make that decision.



Halfway through purse making, I realized that I hadn't made anything with embroidery. I had bookmarked this DIY embroidered card link found over at How About Orange, and honestly, I didn't think that I would finish it as quickly as I did. The pattern comes from Miniature Rhino, who I have just recently become a huge fan of. Check out her shop, and her book, Stitched Gifts, and if you aren't a fan already, you will become one as quickly as I have.


I printed off the template, poked the holes, and got to stitching. I think it took around 30 minutes, so if you are reading this right now, and still want to make something for Mother's Day, this card is a quick and adorable addition to any gift.




Thank goodness these are finished. Now to get back to dissertation writing.

Hope you have a very Happy Mother's Day!

Until Next time.

xo,
K

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

These are the prettiest little clutches. I love how the lining is just as pretty as the the outside.

Auntie Bliss said...

I'm impressed!!! Two very unique and well done gifts.
And a dissertation! Yikes...you are brainy and crafty :) good luck!
Have a good time with your mama.

Lisa said...

Your little clutches are adorable, the mustard colored fabric really is super pretty. I made one of these little cards for my mom too, she loved it. I really enjoyed stitching on the paper, that was new for me but I loved it and am looking forward to trying some more :)

Algodão Tão Doce said...

Acabei de conhecer o seu blog e achei maravilhoso. Me visite:http://algodaotaodoce.blogspot.com.br/
Siga-me e pegue o meu selinho!!!

Obrigada.

Beijos Marie.