Monday, June 3, 2013

A Finished Sampler and New Projects

I am a huge fan of Charlotte Lyons' samplers. I have been holding onto this Mr. America Pattern for about a year, and I finally got around to finishing it. 





I fell in love with the font for this "Handmade" embroidery pattern from the Better Homes and Gardens Make it Yourself Magazine (2012). 




There are a lot of embroidery patterns I try out and have yet to find places for in my home. They have found their way onto my office wall. Everyday I get to take in all these stitches, and it really makes my day. I keep thinking I should just turn all of these into pillows and have them all over the living room. 


Do you have stitched patterns and projects waiting for a forever home? 

Until next time!

xo,
K

7 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

That is just beautiful!

Liz said...

Wow, very beautiful! I love all the colors! So cheerful!

Lucy @ Charm About You said...

Oh your Mr America pattern is amazing!! I love the bright colours! You know all those lovely stitchings would make a fabulous quilt ;)

Jennifer said...

The Mr. America pattern! What a piece of art! I can't say I have embroidery looking for a forever home but painting pieces, much of that yes that is sitting around not hung up anywhere!

Amy @ chick chick sewing said...

Your handwork is amazing! Simply beautiful. Thanks for inspiring us - I just posted your sampler on my Pinterest!

Yarni Gras! said...

oh those are just lovely! I love the little hills in the first one.......

Kristin said...

I too have a wall of completed projects waiting for some inspiration on how to hang them. They are punch needle on weavers cloth. I would love some ideas and mini pillows sounds like a cute idea.