Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The End of Summer in Stitches

I am in the last week of Wild Olive's Summer Stitching Club. It's still hot in Tucson, and probably won't cool down until November, so even though it still feels like Summer, it makes me sad that Summer is over. There is something about the calm and quiet that comes with Summertime in Tucson that I just love. 


 It's been dark and cloudy the last few days, because of monsoon storms and such. Which means I can't be running around outside when there is lightning and thunder. Being indoors allowed me the opportunity to work on the finishing touches of this mini quilt.



This project has been a lot of fun for me. I was able to use up a lot of scrap pieces of fabric that I have and didn't want to part with. I have to decide which room to hang this mini quilt in. It's bright and colorful and I think it will be a fun reminder of the summer every time I look at it. 



I only quilted a few hexagons down the middle of the quilt. I trimmed the edges and am deciding which binding to use... red or purple... or pink... When I decide, then I will finish. 



I just joined Mollie over at Wild Olive for another fun round of seasonal stitching with her Autumn Stitching Club and am really looking forward to seeing what she put together. I picked out my autumnal fabrics and can't wait to get started with some Fall stitches. 


I am still bummed out that summer has come to an end, but like all good things in life, they come to an end, right?

How do you feel about summer ending?

Until next time.

xo, 
K

4 comments:

Laura Tieri said...

Love the vintage looking hexagons with faces like the sunglasses, snow cone, umbrella, etc.!
I was trying to think what color to use for edging. I really couldn't decide between red & purple.
I can't believe it's almost Labor Day weekend! It's very hot now in Chicagoland, but we had a mild summer. It just goes faster & faster! The holidays are just around the corner!!!
I'm worried about your sister. Do you promise to take good care of her? :0)
She has a good support network with all of you! I'll be praying for you all.
Enjoy the holiday weekend!

Kim said...

The mini-quilt is so sweet! I love the stitching you did. I hope you post a picture of the binding you choose.
I love summer because of the long light evenings and early mornings.
Have a great weekend :)

Jennifer said...

Loving the autumn fabrics, especially the green with the polka dots!

Amy Morinaka said...

Wow this is a gorgeous mini quilt! I love how you combined your sweetest handstitched embroidery with hexies - a perfect match!

Hope you have a wonderful rest of the week!

With love from California,