Saturday, October 26, 2013

Halloween Stitches

It's been Halloween at my house for over a month. I am actually contemplating keeping Halloween permanently. We'll see how that works out once December rolls around *wink*wink*


I have wreaths like this for almost every time of year. Most notably for Halloween and Valentine's Day. I posted the tutorial a while back, and it's available for you here, should you want to make your own. If you haven't gotten on track with Halloween decor, you can knock this out in an afternoon before the weekend is over and hang it on your door before the 31st!


The table is set and ready for Halloween guests. I kept the banner I used last year over the mantel. All this has been out since Mid-September. I even changed the books on my coffee table to Halloween-themed tales (sorry, don't have a photo of that for you). 


I have also been stitching quite a bit for Halloween. Some patterns have been on the shelf for a while (and by while, I mean a year or more), and I am so excited to get to stitch them up... finally!


It's no secret that I am a huge fan of Andrea Zuill's, her patterns never disappoint. This Halloween bat is definitely a new favorite. 


I love these Creepy Critters. I just find it hilarious that these sweet bunnies are spooky Halloween characters. I couldn't resist stitching them up. 


Of course, Halloween isn't complete without a Jack O'lantern. 


I found this adorable pattern designed by Amanda Woodward-Jennings (of the Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery) and couldn't resist. I mean, a chubby bat?... I was immediately on board to stitch this up.



I have a large stash of Halloween fabric that I needed to use up, because let's face it, I can't hoard this fabric forever. I made patchwork placements for the dining table. I used Gina Matarazzo's Pumpkin Pal's embroidery pattern for the napkins. Incidentally, the tutorial for the napkins is available on Feeling Stitchy, should you want to make your own. 




I also started working on a Halloween quilt. Told ya... have to use up this stash of fabric. I am hoping to have the top finished before the end of the weekend and finish putting it together by Thursday. Here's to last minute Halloween projects! (My apologies, I had to use cell phone images for this, because I forgot to use my camera, so the pictures aren't as great as I would want them to be).



Are you all set for Halloween?? I can't wait. 

Until next time!

xo,
K

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Loving the Halloween stitchery! Especially Mister Bat! And the garland on the fireplace is lovely, I will have to get one for next year!

Jennifer said...

Loving the Halloween stitchery! Especially Mister Bat! And the garland on the fireplace is lovely, I will have to get one for next year!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

THis is fantastic! I LOVE your embroidery. I love the bat jack-o-lanterns, and rabbit! I love the wreath too.

Lucy @ Charm About You said...

Seriously in love with it all!! Want to come to your house for Halloween! The wreath is amazing and all the stitching is incredible - that pumpkin with glasses is too cute!

Laura Tieri said...

Great Halloween stuff! I really like the bat with the big eyes! The skulls on the corners are a nice added touch!
That wreath is gorgeous too!
HaPpY HaLlOwEeN!!!

Buccaneers and Ball Gowns said...

I love that little stitched bat, he is just the cutest! I too switch out the books on my coffee table for Halloween!