Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Autumnal WIP's

Halloween came and went. I already put my decorations away. I still haven't brought myself to take down my Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) altar, but it will happen eventually. I can't believe it's already November, time is flying by. 


I didn't finish my Halloween quilt in time. It's still in 13 strips that need to be connected. Last week, I took a trip to the fabric store to buy some binding, and they were completely sold out of black binding. Whenever they get more, then I can finish. Until then, this half-finished quilt will be hanging around. 


I wasn't sure if I was going to get into the Autumn mood, or the holiday season, for that matter, but it appears I have. I was browsing the Woodland Adventure fabric, when is was available at Fabricworm. It took me a couple days to decide I wanted some of this fabric, but when it arrived I fell completely in love with it. These little woodland creatures are just too cute. 


I am working on a hexie pillow cover for my living room. I had made three Halloween pillow covers, and now I need to change them out, so there will be a hexi Woodland Adventure pillow. I also found this Give Thanks embroidery pattern, that I will be putting on the second pillow. The third, will be a result of Wild Olive's Autumn Stitching Club. It's not finished, but it's looking so very cute, thus far. 


In later news, my fabric hoarding is still very much present and is really becoming a substantial part of my life. Last year, I didn't get on the horse fast enough, and missed out on Aneela Hoey's Cherry Christmas fabric. It appeared to have sold out everywhere. This year I was quick. I found some in two different Etsy shops, Sew Love Fabrics and Red Brick Quilting. I ordered yardage, fat quarters, and a charm pack. Someone stop me!


I couldn't resist the Hip Holiday fabric by Josephine Kimberling. I just adore the cars and bikes with pine trees! I am thinking I need patchwork pillow cases for my bedroom, patchwork stockings, and maybe some new cushion covers for the living room. If there is enough, I would like to make a small table runner for the coffee table in the living room. 


I know I am getting a little over confident with time and energy. There are only 6 weeks left in the semester and I have exams to administer and grade. Not to mention a dissertation that I am still trying to finish. It's okay, though, all things in good time, right?

Are you preparing your holiday projects?

1 comment:

Bohemian said...

Yes, I've always got Projects in the making *winks*... but I am leaving all my Halloween, Autumn and Dia de los Muertos Altar decor up until the day after Thanksgiving. I get an early start decorating my Showrooms for Christmas... that's all I can handle right now. *LOL*

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian