Saturday, November 16, 2013

Making Totes

I tend to surround myself with a variety of tote bags. I make them, buy them, and trade them. I have recently fallen in love with a variety of Noodlehead's awesome tote patterns. I had to bargain with myself, though, and make some of these totes for others before making one for yours truly. 


This bag is for my darling friend, Nadia. We met more than seven years ago when I took a job at the same shop she was working at. She is the type of person who inspires me in every way. She is artistic and creative, and loves all things cute! Just like I do. She also has a love for mid-century modern, so when I saw this fabric, I knew I needed to make something for her with it. 


I have used a few of Noodlehead's patterns before and aside from yielding a fantastic final result, the instructions are clear and easy to follow. 


I really want to make a Super Tote, as well. That will have to wait, though. One of my friends saw this tote when he stopped by my house last week, and left me with an order for four 241 Totes that he plans to give his nieces for Christmas. 

I should probably start working on that order. Time is flying by and December will be here before I know it! Off to the sewing room, I go!


3 comments:

Lucy @ Charm About You said...

Really pretty bag! Sounds like you'll be making them until Christmas! ;-)

Jennifer said...

One day I will learn take the time to learn to sew so I can make something a quarter as lovely as you do on your blog! The idea of making my own bags makes me giddy!

Jessica Hadden said...

This bag is darling!