Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Letting Christmas In

I am definitely behind on the making of items and creating of Christmas cheer. I am in the last week of the semester. I have final exams to administer and grade, a dissertation chapter to finish, and I haven't made one, not one!, Christmas gift. I feel a little overwhelmed and a whole lot of stress, and my only remedy to rid myself of those feelings, is to sew.


I am truly in love, obsessed, infatuated, and totally enamored with Aneela Hoey's Cherry Christmas fabric line. I can't get enough of it. I had a list of pillow covers, table runners, and stockings I wanted to make with this fabric. I have made four pillow covers thus far, and still have a table runner in mind. I made a pillow case for my bedroom. My canine sidekick, Douglas, is here to act as Vanna White, and assist in showing you the pillowcase. I swear, this dog acts like a cat sometimes. 


The fabric that looks blue in the photo is a minty green in person. Yes, I need a new camera... yes, I am hoping Santa will magically read my mind and bring me one... 


I used the red fabric for the edge of the pillowcase. I could just stare at this fabric all day. I love the snow globe and the teapot. I really adore this fabric in a major major way. 


I used the white clothesline fabric for the back of the pillowcase. Did I mention I adore this fabric line? I love the little stripey socks and Christmas sweaters hanging on the line.


I made three pillow covers for the living room. I have this Indonesian bench in my living room that I tend to make pillow covers for and switch them out depending on the season. This year, there are Cherry Christmas pillows for the bench!


After cutting the fabric for the patchwork pillow covers, I had some long pieces left that I thought would make for a cute striped pillow. I used peppermint swirl fabric for the back. 


There is a larger patchwork pillow, as well. Please ignore the crooked patches on it. 


The third pillow cover is the funniest log cabin pillow cover ever. 


I stitched the snow globe from one of Aneela Hoey's patterns in her Little Stitches book, and for whatever reason, I proceeded to stitch other patterns all around it. The result was the tiniest, most teeny, seam allowance ever. I had to cut the fabric all crooked, which is why you can see that mint-colored fabric in the upper right-hand corner of the embroidery piece. In order to square it off, I had to add a piece of fabric there. Hopefully, I can make some time to create a table runner after I grade some final exams.


On a different note: I did finish the Wild Olive Autumn Stitching Club project in time for Thanksgiving not too long ago. 


I have to admit that I cheated a bit and machine-stitched the hexagons to the pillow cover. I really liked how this turned out and am really looking forward to the Winter Stitching Club


How are you doing with your holiday preparations?

5 comments:

Lucy @ Charm About You said...

All so cute! I love aneela's patterns and that snow globe is adorable!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

So festive! I love all the things you made! It has such a nostalgic feel.

I have a toy poodle and cats. The toy poodle thinks he is a cat. I went to pick him up at the groomer, and I didn't see him with the dogs. He was in the cat condo with the cats.

Molly said...

So adorable! I always love your project ideas.

Laura Tieri said...

Happy New Year to you!
Thank you for sharing with us all year!

Auntie Bliss said...

It is precious fabric! I love what all you did with it.
I haven't seen you on IG lately.
Sure you are busy!