Thursday, January 30, 2014

Where'd the Time go?

I know it's been a while since I have posted here, but I can't believe how long it's been! I glanced at the calendar just now and couldn't believe January is about to pass us by. I know a lot has happened in the last month, but at the same time, I feel like nothing has changed. 


I have been a little preoccupied with things not blog related: searching for a new job, searching for a new house, and trying to keep my head about me while living out of boxes and suitcases. 


The new year brought lots of change and transition for me. Even though there have been many changes in my life, I still feel like nothing has changed. It's sort of strange that way. 


As always, my sister arrives with just the right thing to cheer me up. She gave me this calendar tea towel with an embroidery pattern on it in order to remind me that I have a whole year of new and exciting adventures ahead of me. 


Even though things aren't 100% fixed and organized in my life, I know they'll get there. 

6 comments:

A Fanciful Twist said...

It's looking awesome!!!!! YOLO!

Bits of Stitching! said...

Very thoughtful and cheery gift, have fun and unwind while stitching it!

Bohemian said...

Having lived a Nomadic Life up until my Senior years I can relate to living out of boxes, moves and transition. Oddly I miss it sometimes and the Wanderlust almost consumes me... though having a permanent residence rather than one with wheels has been a Dream come True, it is difficult to stay put when you've been used to Traveling extensively and never really being from anywhere in particular. I Hope your New Home is all that you envision it to be... and once you are Settled in, things will get their Rhythm back. Such a thoughtful Gift your Dear Sis cheered you up with! She Rocks. Blessings... Dawn... The Bohemian

Jennifer said...

I've been a bit chaotic over here myself lately! I know how it is! It will be peaceful soon, everything will be set up! Lol can't help but laugh at Vanessa's comment of YOLO. Hahaha!

Waterrose said...

Hello! What lovely, bright colors! I love it and so glad to see it on your blog. Thanks so much and good luck with your move. I've followed your sisters blog for years. I found yours when it show up in my etsy stats...

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

So beautiful!