Saturday, February 8, 2014

Valentine Stitches & Projects


I got a little old school for Valentine's Day this year. I had my first crush when I was 14-years-old, which was about the time that LL Cool J released this song, "Hey Lover." I don't know why I am having flash backs this Valentine's Day, but I decided to stitch a lyric from the song to give to my special someone this year. 

Do you remember this song? What song reminds you of your first crush?


I love Valentine's Day. Simply love it! I think it's because red is my favorite color, and when it is everywhere... the grocery store, drug store, etc.,... it makes me a happy girl! 


Being it that I recently packed up all my things, I was able to go through and organize my sewing and embroidery supplies. Can you believe I already had this Andrea Zuill Valentine's Day pattern transferred onto fabric? I don't even remember doing that. I had to stitch it and make a mini pillow with it. It simply couldn't sit unstitched for another moment. 


In later Valentine's Day stitching news, Mollie Johansen of Wild Olive had a tutorial for a darling  EPP heart mug rug. I was so happy that I had all the supplies on hand. I decided to piece it together one afternoon last week, and here it is!


I adore this love potion bottle print fabric. I can't get enough of it. I am glad it was just the right size for an EPP heart. 


I have been holding on to this "sew in love" print fabric for a couple of years, and decided to use some for the back of the mug rug, and two EPP hearts. The sewing accessories are my favorite part of this print. 


What are you putting together for Valentine's Day? 



3 comments:

Lucy @ Charm About You said...

LL Cool J is hot as hell!! I totally remember that song, awesome! Beautiful stitchings and sweet epp :-)

Jennifer said...

That pillow is my favourite! I love that you did the LL Cool J song lyrics in there, that's so cute and modern!

Molly said...

I'm obsessed with that lyric embroidery. Would it be appropriate to leave that up year round?