Monday, March 17, 2014

Library Stitches & Superstar Sewing

I made a pact with my sister and close friends this year - we decided this would be the year of YOLO (You Only Live Once). Now, I know it's a silly concept, and yes, it was totally my idea, taken from the lyrics of a Drake song, but the notion was not lost on me. There are so many things I dream of doing that, for whatever reason, I don't do. This year that all changes, because I do only live once, so I have to make this one chance good and I won't be holding myself back anymore. 

That being said, I decided to open an Etsy shop - Bobby Pin Stitches. I had been wanting to open one for quite some time, but I hadn't. Then I thought, YOLO... so, I did it. I'm still in the process of making items, but I sew and embroider everything that goes in the shop. I am hoping everyone likes what I make as much as I enjoy making it. 


 I came up with this embroidery pattern as an homage to my love of the library and the books contained within. I hand embroidered the front panel and framed it with fun and bright fabrics. I listed them in the shop and already sold a couple. Which makes me very happy! I will definitely be making more, in addition to some other ideas I have been working on. 


I absolutely love reading and visiting the library. When I was young, I went to the library and could have stayed for hours. Whenever I move to a new city, I always make sure to know where the library is and get a new library card, immediately. The idea for these totes came out of that love and appreciation for the library and the fact that I did, in fact, leave my heart there. 


In addition to my shop news, I am very excited to share that I am being featured on Cut Out + Keep as a Sewing Superstar this week! 


Every day from today through Sunday, there will be a sewing tutorial created by yours truly! Head over to check out my posts here

Hope you have a great day!

5 comments:

A Fanciful Twist said...

You rock, and you are on fire! YOLO for sure, I need to repeat the mantra ;) You are making amazing things, I should know since I see them in person. You rock sister!
Loooove, me

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

How neat! Good for you!

Bohemian said...

We too have decided to have a YOLO Year from this point forth. The Man had a catastrophic injury in a bad accident last Summer and it gave us a sense of our own mortality and how much we have put off doing!

May your YOLO Year be packed with things to cross of your List of things you have always wanted or dreamed of doing! It is wonderful that you have had this revelation at such a tender age!

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

Prudence said...

With all the reading and library visits I make, your tot would come in handy! YOLO! I agree!
xoDebi

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

These totes are adorable! It's so nice to meet you! I love your sweet sister...she's such a good friend! Hugs!