Sunday, June 22, 2014

Making Time

I have been thinking a lot about time lately. It seems to pass so quickly and there is so much I want to do. It's become somewhat of a quest for me to make the best use of my time in order to accomplish everything I am intending to. 

                                     

I had seen the tutorial for a mini hexie flex pouch over at Where the Orchids Grow. I printed out the template, had all the fabric ready (Nursery Versery by Heather Ross), but I just hadn't gotten around to it. 

Then I realized I needed to make time. Well, I know I can't make time, but I can carve out places in my schedule where I can make and create and work on items that are just for me. 


I have to admit, it's been quite hectic around here lately. I started a full-time job four months ago, which takes time away from writing (i.e., dissertation), creating, and stitching. While I have been very busy, everything I do, is something I want to do. So, I have to make sure I manage my time in a way that allows me to get to everything.  


Because I wanted to make this hexie pouch, I decided to take it on the road with me. I made an oversize pouch and put all my supplies in it and away I went. I stitched during my lunch hour and afternoon breaks. Once I finished all my errands and chores after work, then I kept working on piecing hexes together. 


I finished the pouch yesterday (Saturday) and felt so much satisfaction to have followed through with something and had a darling flex frame pouch to enjoy. 

I have Amy Morinaka from Chick Chick Sewing to thank for the flex frame she sent me that I was able to use for this pouch.


Now to get to my pile of other items that are half-started... This could be fun!

Do you have projects that you have been meaning to get to, but for whatever reason you haven't yet? 

5 comments:

Bits of Stitching! said...

It turned out beautiful! Definitely consciously setting time aside or squeezing in stitching time in your schedule paid off.
Summer tend to be a busy season in my household. I too need to find time to work on old wip's and squeeze in a few new ones :-).

Kerry A. said...

Love the hexie pouch! And, I love what you are saying about making time. I've made a conscious decision to make more time for the things that make me happy. It's not easy, but it's so worth it!

Megan said...

Good gravy those hexies are amazing! I live vicariously through you...I'd make my fingers bleed trying those!

Sue H said...

I just found your website and love it! I used to do a lot of macramé, crocheting and needle point. Beautiful work. Suz H.

Sue H said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a great message! Appreciate it. Your work is great.