Sunday, August 24, 2014

Calendar Embroidery

My sister gave me this super darling stitchable 2014 calendar for Christmas, and of course, I started it in January, but hadn't finished it. The new school semester begins on Tuesday, which provided me with a few days off, so I decided to stitch it up so that I can actually use the calendar portion of the panel. 




I used a combination of stem stitching and back stitching throughout the whole panel, with a few satin stitches and french knots. 



I am totally in love with the colors, which my sister helped me pick out. I feel like this will really brighten up my office space and be something nice to look at when I am surrounded by stacks of papers to grade. 






Do you have any projects you need to finish before the year ends?

5 comments:

Bits of Stitching! said...

It turned out lovely!!! Very nice combination of colors and stitches, it'll definitely brighten up your space!
As for me... I have more than a few projects I'll love to finish before end of this year, but in reality aiming to complete 2 or 3.

Jennifer said...

Oh a stitchable calendar that is so absolutely sweet! I love days off to get projects done!

Georgia Griego Howell said...

Wonderful Stitching Kristen!
It turned out wonderfully :)
I have a denim Sashiko quilt to continue on once the weather cools off here in phoenix,
Still gathering jeans when I can though!
Can't wait to see what you stitch up next!
Big happy hugs
Georgia

Kerry A. said...

This is beyond gorgeous! I have way too many projects that I need to finish before the end of the year...I'm such a slowpoke crafter!

Amy Morinaka said...

What a gem! So beautiful as always... Your stitches brighten up my day, Kristen! Good luck with your new school year \(^^)/~☆