Sunday, September 28, 2014

Dia de los Muertos Embroidery

If you follow me on instagram, you may have already seen these photos. Last week I worked on the Mermaid Muerta pattern available from Urbanthreads.com.




These next few photos of my stitching progress were taken using my iPhone. 



I used a stem stitch for the hair and a backstitch for the rest of the mermaid and the anchor. I think the stem stitch captures the waves in her hair really well. 



Here she is complete!


Now I just need to figure out whether or not I want to add her to the front of a tote bag or a pillow/cushion.

3 comments:

Kerry A. said...

She looks AMAZING - I love the colors you chose for her hair.

Jennifer said...

This is an utterly unique piece. So beautiful, and it combines two of my favourite pieces of folklore.

Kerry A. said...

Just popping by again to let you know I nominated you for one of those blog awards since I like your blog so much!

http://www.candyflossramparts.com/like-really-like/