Monday, October 6, 2014

#verycherryswap

The very cherry swap has come to an end and I'm a little sad about it, because it's been fun working with so many cherry print fabrics, but I definitely lucked out with this swap. I was partnered with the very sweet and talented Kim of Babes and Brides. I stalked her for a good while on Pinterest, Instagram, and her blog before deciding what to make for her.


I wanted to make her something functional and cherry wonderful, so I made her a tote with cherry hexies, a cherry hexie zipper pouch, embroidered hoop art, embroidered brooch, and a pin cushion. I added some cherry print socks, cherry flavored candies, and a cute fruit print basket for her desk. 






I never could have anticipated all the wonderfulness that she sent me. It's all so amazing and I feel like the luckiest girl in the world right now.


Kim made me the most amazing table top quilt and she hand quilted the whole thing!!!





In addition to this amazing table top quilt, Kim sent me some amazing coasters, a pot holder, tea towel, a mug rug, crochet cherry brooch, mini embroidery of my first initial, and a pin cushion. 










As if all of this wasn't enough, she also sent me the most amazing paper pieced and quilted project book AND... she filled it with embroidery supplies - hoops, patterns, floss, miniature hoops.





In addition to all of this, Kim also sent me cherry themed and/or flavored chapstick, candy, candle, and hand soap. I can't believe the loot I scored. She definitely went above and beyond with all of these items and I couldn't be more thrilled. I am definitely cherry cherry lucky ;)

2 comments:

kim leavens said...

You're such a sweetheart!! I'm a little sad too, this was such a fun swap.... And I had the best partner EVER! xx's

Jennifer said...

Nothing but delicious, homey, handmade goodness in this post! Beautiful swap, loving that little pouch!