Saturday, November 1, 2014

Dia de los Muertos Embroidery

I have been trying to work on this embroidery for quite some time. Dare I say - years. I am happy to share the finished product with you today, just in time for el Dia de los Muertos (the Day of the Dead), that begins this evening. 


I took the pattern for this skull from my sister's original drawing/artwork. The Skelly Love print is available for purchase here


I transferred the pattern to fabric over two years ago, but only got to stitching it this year. I wanted to make the embroidery look as close to the print as possible, and the colors look great together... if I do say so myself ;)







There it is, the Skelly Love print in embroidered form. I finished it just in time for Dia de los Muertos!

6 comments:

A Fanciful Twist said...

So beyond incredible, I love it soooooo much. You have outdone yourself <3

Laura said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE it! I haven't seen that print in the shop. I'm going to have to get one, maybe two as I have a friend who loves them! :-) Such a talented family!!
blessings
~*~

Jennifer said...

You absolutely NAILED her drawing. Gorgeous!

Bohemian said...

It turned out Magnificent! Dia de los Muertos Blessings from our Home to yours... Dawn... The Bohemian

Laura Tieri said...

That is just beautiful!!!

Kerry A. said...

It looks amazing! ...and I'm glad I'm not the only one who sometimes takes years to finish projects ;)