Thursday, December 18, 2014

Embroidered Hand Warmers

I have lived in Southern Arizona the majority of my life. I love the sunshine and heat. I tend to always feel cold, even in the summer time. Since it's been cold and rainy in Tucson lately, I have been longing for the heat and sun. Being it that our weather is always unpredictable, I decided that I needed hand warmers to help me through this bout of cold temperatures.


I spent a few years in Albuquerque, New Mexico while I was in grad school, and while it was lovely experiencing the change in seasons there, I found their winters to be much more rough than Tucson's. I hadn't realized the drastic difference between high and low desert until I experienced it first hand. Even though I try to remind myself that Tucson winter could always be worse, I am still cold!


I was excited to find a hand warmer project in Zakka Style. I suppose it's pretty clear that this has become one of my favorite pattern books. 


I am way too excited to use these! Hooray for warm hands!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Cuteeeee! They are absolutely adorable!

Bobbypin Bandit said...

Thank you, Jenn. I absolutely adored the pattern when I saw it. I couldn't resist making them, and the weather helped encourage me to finish them!

Indigo said...

These are really sweet! I love them! Being a musician, I'm always using hand warmers before a gig. It's freezing up here in the Colorado mountains.
Your blog is so colorful and happy, :-)
Have a beautiful day!

Bobbypin Bandit said...

Thanks, Indigo! I definitely need to warm up my hands before an embroidery project!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, and for your kind words!