Monday, December 1, 2014

Winter Wonderland Embroidery & a Shop Update

It's safe to say that I think and dream in embroidery. I see potential for embroidery in everything, and the latest issue of Make It Yourself, was no exception. 


I didn't purchase the hard copy of the magazine, but I downloaded a digital copy into my Zinio library on my iPad. As I was flipping through, or in this case sliding through, the pages, I found this great feature on chalkboard text. 


The text template, available in the magazine, was perfect for embroidery. I transferred the text to navy linen using embroidery transfer paper and added a sashiko style snowflake that I found on Pinterest.


I really love the contrast of the floss on the navy linen, and I just love the curve of those W's. Isn't cursive writing beautiful? It's such a shame it isn't so common to use it anymore.


I decided to turn the embroidery into a banner to hang as part of my holiday decor in the house. 


I still haven't finished putting up decor, but this banner will definitely be a part of the holiday spirit in my house.


** Shop Update**

I have been busy stitching up miniature embroideries over the weekend and am happy to share a shop update with you all today. There are new brooches and necklace pendants in the shop


Hope your first day of December was lovely!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ah that winter wonderland banner is so pretty! Just adore the white against the dark blue. Off to add your shop to my favourites!

Bobbypin Bandit said...

Thank you so much, Jenn! I just need to find the right place to hang it.

Thanks for visiting my shop!

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

Such lovely treasures you always make!!! I looove it, your pendants are to die for!! <3 <3